Welcome to our library! Bienvenue à notre bibliothèque!
Welcome to St Anthony's school library! Located in the heart of the school, the library is a destination place for learning, reading, and doing research. It is also a place for staff and students to come together and build the school community.
Our school librarian is available in the library five days per week. She runs regularly scheduled library classes and as time allows, a book fair (Fall), a used book sale (February); other programs like book clubs and a student library committee are in the works. Currently Mme Unger is going to classrooms as the library is closed due to Health Regulations.
About the Collection
The St Anthony library collection is made up of over 7000 items, and includes French and English fiction and non-fiction, with a variety of genres including graphic novels, manga, classics, and current popular titles. Our digital collection boasts a variety of Overdrive titles that students and staff can access from home without an app – everything can be read in a browser. Click on one of the links above to access digital resources.
LDCSB Library Mission Statement
To provide access to a variety of informational resources to support the curriculum, foster a love for reading, and ensure the school community is effective users of information for learning and for leisure.
LDCSB School Library Goals
- Educate students on the functionality, organization and purpose of libraries so that they can be library users for life
- Demonstrate how to research with purpose and process
- Promote and foster a love for reading for pleasure and learning
- Develop library collections that encompass a variety of formats to support Catholic Graduate Expectations
- Facilitate the use of technology for learning, research and communication
What the Research says about School Libraries
Research undeniably and repeatedly shows clear links between student achievement and the existence of libraries stocked with a variety of resources, and staffed by qualified librarians who collaborate with teachers.